Can you get a Canadian work permit with a DUI or DWI?

By |2018-09-05T18:13:38+00:00September 5th, 2018|Categories: Criminal Rehabilitation, TRP - Canadian Temporary Resident Permit|Tags: , , , , |

US residents with DUI or DWI will have difficulty entering Canada for any reason. If you need to work in Canada temporarily or even plan on coming to Canada permanently as a skilled foreign worker you will need to resolve [...]

Getting a pardon in Ontario: Seal your record

By |2018-09-01T17:03:52+00:00September 1st, 2018|Categories: Pardons (Record Suspensions)|Tags: , , , , |

A pardon is essential for many opportunities in Ontario. In the past, Ontario employers only required pardons for sensitive positions, such as health care and teaching. Today, criminal record checks are requested all the time in Ontario even for entry-level [...]

Who qualifies for a pardon in Canada?

By |2018-08-24T16:19:28+00:00August 24th, 2018|Categories: Pardons (Record Suspensions)|Tags: , , , , |

A pardon, which is now called Record Suspension, seals a criminal record in the national database, which allows you to go on with your life and contribute fully. Once you have a pardon you can apply for jobs and other [...]

Temporary Resident Permit: What is it?

By |2018-08-22T15:08:51+00:00August 22nd, 2018|Categories: Criminal Rehabilitation, TRP - Canadian Temporary Resident Permit|Tags: , , , , |

A Temporary Resident Permit (TRP) is a application that allows a person with a criminal record, DUI or some other grounds of inadmissibility to enter Canada for a particular reason. When you are applying for a TRP, you must prove [...]

The meaning of “Record Suspension” in Canada

By |2018-08-17T15:46:50+00:00August 17th, 2018|Categories: Pardons (Record Suspensions)|Tags: , , , , |

In Canada, the meaning of Record Suspension is similar to “pardon”. In fact, up until 2012, Record Suspensions were called pardons. Basically it means that your criminal record is sealed. When an employer searches your criminal record it will come [...]