You do not need a lawyer or any sort of representation in order to apply for a Canadian Record Suspension (pardon). All the required forms, as well as instructions for the application, can be obtained from the Parole Board of Canada’s website.

Submitting your application through a reliable agency or lawyer may improve your chances of being granted a Record Suspension, since an estimated 44% of applications filed directly by individuals without assistance are rejected or returned as incomplete or ineligible. Many people find the process time-consuming, difficult, and lengthy. A representative or lawyer can help.

The Parole Board of Canada gives equal consideration to all Record Suspension applications received – whether they are submitted by an individual or by a representative from a private agency. The PBC is not affiliated with any Record Suspension agencies.